- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup natural chunky peanut butter (I use Smucker's brand)
- 1 4oz cup of no sugar added apple sauce
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Oven dried apples, chopped (recipe below)
1. In a food processor grind cashews, oats, flax, wheat germ, salt and cinnamon until mixed and fine but so that you can see some chunks of cashews still.
2. Add PB, apple sauce, vanilla and agave and blend.
3. Add a little water at a time until the mixture almost forms a dough and the mixture sticks together.
4. Add this mixture to bowl and mix in chopped apples.
5. Roll the desired amount into balls and store in the refrigerator.