This recipe is for 2 breakfasts
- 2 corn tortillas
- Red sauce (recipe below)
- 4 eggs
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Red Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large link of chorizo sausage (I used what I found at Whole Food's)
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- About a half cup of chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a pan and heat it to medium. Add the chorizo and as it cooks, break it up with a spatula.
- After about 5 minutes, add the onion and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes and add the tomatoes, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. It should lightly bubble while cooking and be thick after 15 minutes.
- In another pan, cook the 4 eggs how you desire. I chose to do over easy, but scrambled would be great too.
- To assemble, spoon half the red sauce on each tortilla, top with 2 eggs and cheddar cheese, place under the broiler for minute of you want to cheese to melt and brown. Top with cilantro and enjoy!