We have been eating so much asparagus lately that we are now close to being sick of it! It's great roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper, in a frittata or mixed into a spring risotto. Recipe for the frittata is below!
- A bunch of asparagus, roasted in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes with salt and pepper.
- 1 cup of gruyere cheese
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced and sautéed
- 1 clove of garlic minced and sautéed with the onion
- 2 tsp of organic, salted butter
- In the pan that the onions and garlic are sautéed in, heat to medium heat and add the butter, eggs, all but a handful of the gruyere and salt and pepper.
- Mix it with a spatula while it cooks, once it is half cooked and there is still a lot of runny eggs, arrange the asparagus on top and push it down a bit. Cook it on the stove top for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining gruyere cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 minutes, until the top is cooked and browned.