- 1 large eggplant, chopped with skin left on
- 1/2 of a large, or 1 whole small red bell pepper
- A quarter of a large red onion or half of small one, cut in chunks
- 2 whole cloves of garlic, left in the covering
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of non fat greek yogurt
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Roasted Eggplant Dip
This dip is inspired by the Melitzanosalata we order every time we eat at our favorite greek restaurant, Greek Taverna in Montclair. The amounts of each vegetable are not exact, you just want there to be more eggplant that the other vegetables.
Heat the over to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, add the vegetables and toss with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place the garlic on the side of baking sheet so you don't lose them in the other vegetables. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes so each piece cooks evenly. They are done when they look wilted, browned and are tender. Add the vegetables to a blender or food processor. Squeeze the garlic out of the covering into the vegetables. Add the greek yogurt and blend until smooth. If it is too thick, add some water, a little at a time. I served this with whole wheat pita chips.