- Wonton wrappers
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 rounded cup of chopped mushrooms (cremini)- about 10
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half of a small red onion, chopped finely
- soy sauce/Tamari (I added it in dashes not measured out)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Glass of water (to fuse edges of wrappers)
1. Saute the mushrooms on medium heat until they release some water, add kale and spinach. Cook until the greens wilt. Add 3 dashes of soy sauce and garlic, cook for a minute or so until you smell the garlic.
2. In a bowl, add the ground pork and mix in ginger, red pepper flakes, 3-5 additonal dashes of soy sauce, onion and cooked mushroom mixture. Mix well.
3. Lay out a wonton wrapper, add a heaping tsp of the pork mixture and lightly line the edges with water (I just used my finger). Pinch the sides together so it makes a triangle.
4. Fill a pot with boiling water and place a colander on top so steam can get through. Place 6 dumplings at a time in the colander and cover with a lid that will seal it. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the wrappers appear clear.
5. Once all dumplings have been steamed, heat a pan on medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and saute each side of the dumpling until they are golden brown. It takes about 2 minutes per side.
I served them with a sweet chile dipping sauce!