- 1 link of Chorizo or Andouille sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- half of a red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chile pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2/3 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup shrimp, chopped into large pieces
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Jambalaya Style Risotto
We had this for dinner tonight and it was so delicious I had to share it ASAP.
1. Remove the sausage from its casing and saute it in a pan heated to medium heat. Break it up as it browns. After 5 minutes, remove some of the grease from the pan with a paper towel, then add the peppers, onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes more.
2. Add the rice and saute for 2-3 minutes to brown it a bit. Now add vegetable stock to almost cover the rice and stir in the spices and saffron.
3. When the rice looks dry, add more liquid and stir. Do this for 10 minutes and then toss in the shrimp.
4. The risotto should take about 25 minutes to cook, but taste along the way to make sure. You might not use all of the 4 cups of vegetable stock.
It's simple and so good!